Between Interval – The Edge Of A Fairy Tale “Space Has A New Sound…”
This time around, what do we get if we mix some traditional Between Interval trademark sound with Lustmord, Telomere & Michael Stearns? Well, we do get to hear what this new installment is all about.
On this disc you will probably be reminded of the CD ‘Planetary Unfolding’ by Michael Stearns as it captures much of the same in terms of atmosphere, flow & structure. The CD starts out very moody and deep, almost frightening, and this is where ‘Lustmord’ comes to mind (Stalker anybody?). It’s both a very subtle and diverse experience to my ears, and so far I’m not sure if I should call it a pure “space” music album ala Telomere/Stearns or just regular ambient “space” music, so my conclusion is ‘Dark Ambient’ music with a spacious twist.
Most parts of the album is built up with an overall scary atmosphere that haunts you to the core. And to me this is quite new, being a long time fan of BI’s music. Despite that, it’s not neccesarily a bad thing at all, no, this only shows that BI is capable of producing so much more than just the ordinary, and certainly it shows on the two last tracks ‘Leviathan’ & ‘Portals in Time’ which to me are THE best tunes on this disc, and closes the disc in a perfect way. A way I would call “We got what we came for” so to speak.
So, to whom will this CD appeal to? I would say, If you are a big fan of Michael Stearns music then this is a safe bet. But even if you’re not, this is sure to please any fan of electronic music in general as it takes some time to really appreciate it. And once you have, you will never let this masterpiece be far away from your CD Player!.
No comments yet.
- Computerchemist – Signatures Vol 1 & 2 (2013)
- Rene Splinter – Singularities (2012)
- Transcend With Time – The Calling Whisper (2011)
- Mark Dwane – The Singularity (2011)
- Jeff Scott Castle – The Indigo Sun Chronicles (2011)
- Glyn-Lloyd Jones – Chaotic Attraction (2011)
- Transcend With Time – A Haunting Presence
- Cymphonic & Vintage H – Post Mortem Investigations (2010)
- Geodesium – Stella Novus (2011)
- Etherfysh – Statis
- David Helpling & Jon Jenkins – The Crossing
- Rick Rascati – Skywatcher “Travelling Without Moving”